Back from the road trip and filled with invective! We got some good stuff this week; have a listen.
Top 3 Links of the Week
- Snoop Dogg becomes Snoop Lion
- Africa losing billions through multinational corporations
- Are algorithmic monsters threatening the global financial system?
- Did Islamic fundamentalists in Egypt call for destruction of pyramids?
- No, it was apparently just a hoax
- Egyptians protest visit from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Time is running out in Syria
- Zimbabwe thief asks for life jail sentence
- NYPD “consistently violated basic rights” during occupy protests
- Obama related to first documented slave in the US
- Romney on Palestinians
- A real corporate choice for VP
- School Wars: Education reform in the UK
- Canada: “Coddled teachers” vs. the public
- Cleveland teacher dies saving students
- RIP Liviu Librescu
- “Teach your children well” by Madeline Levine
Killer Robots, Etc
- Sarah Palin to Romney: Set hair on fire!
- Sarah Palin at Chik-Fil-A
- Scientists name blood-sucking parasite after Bob Marley
Jean Grae & 9th Wonder: “Don’t Rush Me”
Jean also did a song called “Taco Day” and it is deep. I don’t think this is an official video, but it’s very well done and obviously accompanies the lyrics perfectly. (Odd Future fans should note how she doesn’t simply begin and end with “I’m crazy and therefore I kill people” but rather works in some coherent sociology along the way.)