Without even realizing it, I’ve done 75 shows! If you’ve ever wondered about the pre-reboot shows, check out the archive. There’s even some vidcasts there (QuickTime format, alas — this was pre-YouTube). They’re mostly collections of cool music, but there’s some other stuff too. Have a look around.
Anyway, on this week’s show we look at a strike at Foxconn, criminal cell phones (and criminal cops), and the dangers of listening to this show while you drive. How meta! Enjoy.
Top 3 Links of the Week
- Beware the Trans-Pacific Partnership!
- The Exhaustion of the American Teacher
- Today’s lesson: charters do not outperform unionized schools
- Unusual Dallas earthquakes linked to fracking, expert says
- Intelligence “fusion” centers yield “useless” info
- PB&J: NYPD officers shoot and kill unarmed driver
- Strike at Foxconn
- Smiley and West: Lori Wallach from Tradewatch
- TPP on Wikipedia
- ESP: Global Economics 101
- Jeffrey Sachs: What if the “ideal economy” existed?
- Mobile payments: A new frontier for criminals
- Fighting for the right to fire bad teachers — and good ones, too
- Michigan professor strips naked, shouts ‘there is no f—ing God’
Killer Robots, Etc
- Philosophy Bites: Richard Sorabji
- G4TV: Robot News
- Batman charged with obstructing a police investigation
3rd Bass: Steppin to the AM